Employers are hiring more out-of-state remote workers and with that comes some unintended consequences, including income tax implications, unemployment insurance, employee benefits and other employment laws, and other state law implications. Join Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd’s Chris Gantt-Sorenson and HSB Tax Lawyer Tyler Gilliam for our next webinar on August 25 from 12-1 PM. Chris and Tyler will highlight issues employers should consider when hiring out-of-state workers to avoid unintentionally running afoul of a state’s law where the employee performs services. Topics covered during this presentation will include:
- A checklist for employers to use when considering out-of-state remote workers;
- Withholding and unemployment tax obligations;
- Insurance considerations;
- State employment laws;
- Remote worker agreements; and
- Internal business considerations.
We invite you to submit any questions via registration or to Brittany Hill.
HSB is an approved SHRM provider, and this course will be submitted for SHRM, HRCI and SC CLE credits.