The next two webinars in our DEI series will focus on what employers can do to create an inclusive and equitable workplace for disabled employees, addressing the legal requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements, offering anecdotal experience from industry leaders as to the value brought to a company employing disabled employees, and resources for types of accommodations that may be considered. The first of the two-part series will be held on September 30, 2021, when HSB’s Chris Gantt-Sorenson will be joined by Herb Johnson, well known DEI expert in the upstate and former Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer for Michelin USA, for a conversation on diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. Chris and Herb will discuss:
- Recognizing the value disabled employees bring to a company’s inclusivity
- Employer’s ADA obligations to accommodate disabled employees
- Resources for types of accommodations that could be granted
- The Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act, FLSA’s Section 14(c) Wage Certificate Program and the anticipated changes
- How employers can benefit from creating an inclusive culture, learning new, diverse ways to achieve results
Please click here to register for this complimentary webinar on September 30.
We invite you to submit any questions via registration or to Brittany Hill.
HSB is an approved SHRM provider and this course will be submitted for SHRM, HRCI and SC CLE credits.